NACS conducts several leadership programs (currently Leadership for Success, Financial Leadership at Wharton, Marketing Leadership at Kellogg, and Executive Leadership at Cornell) and offers education at the NACS Show, HR Forum, global forums, and other events. We strongly believe that there is an opportunity to extend the learning for current participants through follow-on engagement (check ins, webinars, e-Learning, conversations, and outreach) as well as an opportunity to leverage content beyond the benefit for the original audience. The purpose is to further engage participants, ignite new participants, help lead the industry in solving key business challenges, and to generate revenue for NACS.
The successful candidate will work with the Director of Training Education Engagement strategy and will execute, manage, and maintain engagement efforts. This role includes strategy, design, development, facilitation, evaluation and administrative efforts. The successful candidate will have experience and competencies in instructional design using ADDIE or SAM, facilitation, leading group process, building and maintaining relationships across internal and external stakeholders, and a passion for excellence in the customer experience. The successful candidate will collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts (Member Services, Marketing, Products and Services, Expo, etc.) and external stakeholders to design and execute powerful engagement strategies for convenience and fuel-retailing education.
- Partners with subject matters experts to assess, design, develop, implement, and evaluate learning solutions and ensure needs are met.
- Writes, reviews and revises analyses based on communication and collaboration with subject matter experts and ensures solutions strongly connect to stated learning and performance objectives.
- Uses a rapid prototyping approach to both test ideas and concepts and translate test results into relevant and effective learning experiences and performance-enhancing tools and resources.
- Continuously identifies opportunities to improve existing learning experiences and make those improvements.
- Provides consulting and operational support to both internal and external stakeholders to ensure educational offerings at the association’s events meet the needs of our members.
- With the Director of Training, implements annual learning initiatives and provides guidance for future improvement efforts.
- Designs and develops interactive, SCORM-compliant eLearning.
- Designs, develops and delivers instructor-led training - including expectations and feedback & tools and resources - needed to support effective learning and influence learner behavior.
- Performs other duties as required to support the Training and Development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Instructional Technology or other relevant field required or equivalent experience; Master’s preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in both instructor-led and eLearning environments including designing, developing and measuring the effectiveness of learning- and performance-focused experiences.
- Proven experience providing consulting services to mid- and senior level leaders and building collaborative relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external customer relationships and expectations.
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects at one time with attention to detail and customer excellence.
- Creative, systems-level thinker and self-directed problem solver; able to see possibilities and opportunites from challenges and execute strategies
- Demonstrated course facilitation skills including providing individual coaching and feedback.
- Ability to work on a high-performing team within a collaborative environment, and assist team in main education event, the NACS Show, willingness to provide support for Education Sessions at Show.
- Openness to giving and receiving coaching
- Organized, proactively independent and detail-oriented with the ability to both articulate and operationalize winning ideas.
- Strong functional/technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and course authoring software; Captivate preferred.
- Previous website design (HTML) and SharePoint experience preferred.
Qualified applicants should submit resume and cover letter to Doug Reed at email@example.com.