Decisions being made on Capitol Hill affect the way you do business every single day—from the way you label your food items, to your store’s accessibility requirements and how you sell cigarette and smokeless tobacco… to name just a few.
Every day, members of Congress make legislation and resulting regulations that can have very real impacts on you and your business. The annual NACS Government Relations Conference brings you face to face with your policymakers and gives you the opportunity to explain your business and share how policies will directly affect your business and our industry.
Before you go on Capitol Hill to speak directly with lawmakers, NACS prepares you with onsite training and briefing materials for each issue.
All you have to do is show up, learn key talking points about a few current industry issues, then talk to your elected officials about your business with the support of your industry peers. And, because you know it better than anyone, what’s easier than talking about your own business?
The team at NACS:
- Schedules your meetings and pairs you with other convenience retailers and experienced advocates;
- Prepares you with briefing materials and training on how to participate in a successful congressional meeting; and
- Provides you with all of the information you need to share with your elected officials.
This conference will provide you with a better understanding of current issues that are important to our industry and how they directly affect the way you do business. It also offers an opportunity for you to interact with retailers, just like you, who are facing the same challenges and issues. And most importantly, it gives you the opportunity to educate members of Congress about issues they’re voting on. They want to hear from “real people”—those who live and work in their home states and congressional districts—so that they can do their jobs better for the people who elected them. As a constituent, your voice matters.
When you attend, you will:
- Learn directly from members of Congress, administration officials, and government experts about policies that affect, or will affect, your business and your bottom line.
- Meet with your elected members of Congress to explain your business, share with them how policies will affect your family, your employees and your customers, and encourage them to make decisions that will strengthen your market.
- Return home with new knowledge and new skills that you can apply immediately in your local area.
Attention supplier companies: Please contact Kelly Fink, Senior Director, Political Engagement at 703-518-4228 regarding registration for the 2016 NACS Government Relations Conference.
Add to Calendar 03/19/2018 12:00 AM 03/21/2018 12:00 PM America/New_York NACS Government Relations Conference Washington, DC NACS true MM/DD/YYYY
In this short video you’ll hear from retailers just like you as they explain how easy NACS makes it to get involved at the NACS Government Relations Conference.
“I found that attending the NACS Governmental Relations Conference allows me to represent our company and our industry, face to face with members of congress. It’s building relationships and providing education that are critical to the ongoing success of our business and the industry. It truly is an opportunity to facilitate change even if that change is sometimes slow to be recognized.”
– Rich Spresser, Pester Marketing Company
For more information, please contact:
Senior Director, Political Engagement