Date posted: March 5, 2013
NACS is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to contribute to the marketing team's achievement of its core objectives; drive NACS membership, event attendance, product sales, and overall brand awareness and loyalty. The ideal candidate will be organized, efficient, collaborative, and possess a passion for marketing and retail. This person will need strong interpersonal skills and should have a healthy balance of creativity and ability to execute. He or she should also be adept at managing multiple concurrent projects with excellence, and have a strong desire to continuously improve.
- Assist in the writing, design, and development of integrated creative marketing collateral including brochures, email campaigns, social networking pages, HTML web pages, mobile application, and signage ensuring valid, current and accurate content.
- Operationalize email marketing campaigns by creating, testing, and sending marketing emails via third party email marketing application (currently MagnetMail)
- Ensure the flawless execution of strategic marketing plans for NACS events, membership, promotions, products, services and other initiatives.
- Route creative jobs internally and externally. Capture revisions, edits, comments, and ensure that projects adhere to objectives spelled out in project briefs.
- Work closely with marketing, designers, communications and production manager to develop, track, and improve marketing processes and execution.
- Manage creative jobs by person, type, timeline, budget, and outcome. Provide transparency to organization on status of projects and deliverables.
- Coordinate feedback process for marketing jobs and deliver final assets to production teams for implementation.
- Catalog creative assets (job jackets, photography, video, copy, etc.) related to marketing promotions and campaigns.
- Help develop layout and copy for marketing campaigns and interface with marketing team on testing and deployment of campaigns (email, direct mail, social media and mobile).
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analyses of the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Work with marketing and communications teams to capture social network €œchatter€? pertinent to NACS, and provide reports on trends.
- Monitor marketing and communications for uniformity of message, including templates, tag lines, logo usage, and overall adherence to brand standards.
- Provide general marketing support including:
- Track and process invoices and expenditures relating to marketing campaigns.
- Research and order marketing premiums.
- Maintain and catalog strategic marketing plans and artifacts for key initiatives.
- Create master schedule of marketing content and contact strategy: messages, segments, relevant targets, activity, timeline, and success metrics.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or equivalent experience.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excellent Word (creation of templates and macros), Excel, PowerPoint (customized), and email (Outlook) skills required, HTML, DreamWeaver, Microsoft Project, Sharepoint skills a plus
- Good communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal / stakeholder relationship skills.
- B.A. in marketing, business or organizational development a plus.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good project management skills.
- Sound understanding of the principles of marketing.
- Strong understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing.
- Excellent copy writing skills €" ability to rework technical text for a broader audience.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Creative and innovative.
- Good attention to detail.
- Team player €" works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to: Brian Rutter
Maintain content and page layouts, and ensure consistent look and feel across NACS Websites, while working with the Director of Web Strategy and Development to create new functionality and Web applications to engage NACS users and enhance their experience.
Director, Web Strategy and Development
- Posting and updating content on a daily basis for www.nacsonline.com, as well as the association's Intranet site, NACSWeb, using Microsoft SharePoint:
- News and magazine articles, product information, various landing pages, photo gallery and video postings, PDF documents and forms, event schedules and other miscellaneous lists, and much more.
- Content for the award-winning NACS Daily email newsletter each weekday
- Managing page layouts, templates, master pages, style sheets in SharePoint.
- Scheduling and posting digital advertisements and regularly reporting on their performance to the ad sales team.
- Styling various pieces of content in many aspects, especially those that utilize out-of-the-box SharePoint Web parts, such as link lists, rollups, and tables.
- Email Marketing tasks €" designing HTML emails, tracking using Google Analytics.
- Ensuring the content is all responsive and therefore mobile-friendly across the board.
- Managing other websites outside of SharePoint (non-CMS).
- Working independently and closely with many colleagues across different functional areas of the organization, especially the Editorial and Marketing departments.
- College degree in Information Technology or equivalent in certifications and experience.
- Familiarity with enterprise-level content management, preferably using Microsoft SharePoint, and how to work with the quirks of HTML editors.
- HTML and Web design experience, including the latest CSS and responsive design techniques.
- Experience utilizing SharePoint Designer to manage sites, page layouts, style sheets, and branding customization.
- Effective use of various SharePoint Web parts (such as the content query web part), and styling using XSL.
- Basic familiarity with Web server and site administration, preferably IIS and .NET applications.
- Knowledge of current and best practices on user experience and usability.
- Expected to grow and acquire all of the necessary skills to perform at an expert Web Designer/Developer level.
- Understands the value of internal customer service to colleagues and the need to prioritize many different projects at once.
- Use of the Adobe suite (Photoshop, etc.) to create or maintain graphics, icons, logos used on the sites.
- Use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, etc.) for managing projects and communicating with staff.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to: Brendan Moyer